2012年3月27日星期二

flexible column width based on data length in a matrix

I would like my matrix to have the column widths be the same as the maximum
length of data in that column, just like what we like to see when we are
looking at data in Excel. I do not want the data to wrap, I want it to push
the width of the column to the right so all data is on one line.
How do I do that?
StephanieOn Aug 22, 11:12 am, Stephanie <Stepha...@.discussions.microsoft.com>
wrote:
> I would like my matrix to have the column widths be the same as the maximum
> length of data in that column, just like what we like to see when we are
> looking at data in Excel. I do not want the data to wrap, I want it to push
> the width of the column to the right so all data is on one line.
> How do I do that?
> Stephanie
If I'm understanding you correctly, you should be able to select the
table/matrix cell and select F4 for the Properties window and then set
'Can Grow' below Layout to 'True.' Hope this helps.
Regards,
Enrique Martinez
Sr. Software Consultant|||My understanding of the 'Can Grow' property is that it will allow it to grow
vertically, not horizontally. Is that correct? I've tried 'Can Grow' with
no luck.
"EMartinez" wrote:
> On Aug 22, 11:12 am, Stephanie <Stepha...@.discussions.microsoft.com>
> wrote:
> > I would like my matrix to have the column widths be the same as the maximum
> > length of data in that column, just like what we like to see when we are
> > looking at data in Excel. I do not want the data to wrap, I want it to push
> > the width of the column to the right so all data is on one line.
> >
> > How do I do that?
> >
> > Stephanie
>
> If I'm understanding you correctly, you should be able to select the
> table/matrix cell and select F4 for the Properties window and then set
> 'Can Grow' below Layout to 'True.' Hope this helps.
> Regards,
> Enrique Martinez
> Sr. Software Consultant
>|||On Aug 28, 9:32 am, Stephanie <Stepha...@.discussions.microsoft.com>
wrote:
> My understanding of the 'Can Grow' property is that it will allow it to grow
> vertically, not horizontally. Is that correct? I've tried 'Can Grow' with
> no luck.
> "EMartinez" wrote:
> > On Aug 22, 11:12 am, Stephanie <Stepha...@.discussions.microsoft.com>
> > wrote:
> > > I would like my matrix to have the column widths be the same as the maximum
> > > length of data in that column, just like what we like to see when we are
> > > looking at data in Excel. I do not want the data to wrap, I want it to push
> > > the width of the column to the right so all data is on one line.
> > > How do I do that?
> > > Stephanie
> > If I'm understanding you correctly, you should be able to select the
> > table/matrix cell and select F4 for the Properties window and then set
> > 'Can Grow' below Layout to 'True.' Hope this helps.
> > Regards,
> > Enrique Martinez
> > Sr. Software Consultant
Unfortunately, the Size: Width Property cannot be modified as part of
a table cell, etc. One other thing to consider is to verify that you
don't have merged cells when exporting to Excel. This could be do to
using table controls over each other (i.e., one on the top of the
report and one on the bottom) that have different widths or have cells
of different widths. For the most part, you will want all table/matrix
controls to all have the exact same physical dimensions amongst cells
and overall. Hope this helps.
Regards,
Enrique Martinez
Sr. Software Consultant

没有评论:

发表评论