2012年3月27日星期二

Flipping back to simple mode

Hi,
I have three user databases on my production server and I noticed a strange
behavior whenever the server gets rebooted. on two of the databases the
recovery model flips back from Full to simple when the server is rebooted
any time. On the third database the recover model stays as Full even after
the reboot. Even after I switch the recovery model back to full on the two
databases what I see is, as soon as the server gets rebooted, they both flip
back to simple.
I am confused as to why it is happening only with two databases and not the
third. Is there something that is set up wrongly on these two databases?.
Any insight is highly helpful.
Thanks
MeherCheck under Management | jobs in Enterprise Manager, something this is
running sp_dboption '<database','select into','true' and sp_dboption
'<database>','trunc','true'
--
*******************************************************************
Andy S.
MCSE NT/2000, MCDBA SQL 7/2000
andymcdba1@.NOMORESPAM.yahoo.com
Please remove NOMORESPAM before replying.
Always keep your antivirus and Microsoft software
up to date with the latest definitions and product updates.
Be suspicious of every email attachment, I will never send
or post anything other than the text of a http:// link nor
post the link directly to a file for downloading.
This posting is provided "as is" with no warranties
and confers no rights.
*******************************************************************
"Meher Malakapalli" <mmalakapalli@.cohesioninc.com> wrote in message
news:OiCIFAW$DHA.2808@.TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl...
> Hi,
> I have three user databases on my production server and I noticed a
strange
> behavior whenever the server gets rebooted. on two of the databases the
> recovery model flips back from Full to simple when the server is rebooted
> any time. On the third database the recover model stays as Full even after
> the reboot. Even after I switch the recovery model back to full on the two
> databases what I see is, as soon as the server gets rebooted, they both
flip
> back to simple.
> I am confused as to why it is happening only with two databases and not
the
> third. Is there something that is set up wrongly on these two databases?.
> Any insight is highly helpful.
> Thanks
> Meher
>|||I checked them. No job is running with those options. I only have the
following options set to true on both the databases.
torn page detection
auto create statistics
auto update statistics
BTW I am running SQL Server 2000 with SP3 Installed.
Thanks for the suggestion Andy.
Meher
"Andy Svendsen" <andymcdba1@.NOMORESPAM.yahoo.com> wrote in message
news:ubIupIW$DHA.212@.TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl...
> Check under Management | jobs in Enterprise Manager, something this is
> running sp_dboption '<database','select into','true' and sp_dboption
> '<database>','trunc','true'
> --
> *******************************************************************
> Andy S.
> MCSE NT/2000, MCDBA SQL 7/2000
> andymcdba1@.NOMORESPAM.yahoo.com
> Please remove NOMORESPAM before replying.
> Always keep your antivirus and Microsoft software
> up to date with the latest definitions and product updates.
> Be suspicious of every email attachment, I will never send
> or post anything other than the text of a http:// link nor
> post the link directly to a file for downloading.
> This posting is provided "as is" with no warranties
> and confers no rights.
> *******************************************************************
> "Meher Malakapalli" <mmalakapalli@.cohesioninc.com> wrote in message
> news:OiCIFAW$DHA.2808@.TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl...
> > Hi,
> >
> > I have three user databases on my production server and I noticed a
> strange
> > behavior whenever the server gets rebooted. on two of the databases the
> > recovery model flips back from Full to simple when the server is
rebooted
> > any time. On the third database the recover model stays as Full even
after
> > the reboot. Even after I switch the recovery model back to full on the
two
> > databases what I see is, as soon as the server gets rebooted, they both
> flip
> > back to simple.
> >
> > I am confused as to why it is happening only with two databases and not
> the
> > third. Is there something that is set up wrongly on these two
databases?.
> > Any insight is highly helpful.
> >
> > Thanks
> >
> > Meher
> >
> >
>

没有评论:

发表评论