2012年3月27日星期二

Float data

Hello.

We have a third party app that's database holds allsorts of info as floats. I have to update records in this database from my source database that stores it's data as decimal(8,2).

so when I update a row with 25.00 it goes into the 3rd party app database as 25 because it's a float. Is it possible to put the data in so it reads 25.00 without changing the datatype from a float?

Thanks.

You should not worry about the format of numbers as they come from a query. Use your application to apply any formatting that is needed.|||The "float" data type does not store non-significant digits. The trailing 0 is non-significant. So the answer is no.

You would have to reformat it to decimal(8,2) when you get it back out of the float.|||

Thanks for the replies, I thought as much after reading BOL but you see my source database is an Ingres database (remember them!) and it's float data type does store the non-significant digits so I was curious to see if SQL could do the same.

Thanks again

没有评论:

发表评论