2012年3月27日星期二

Flight Sample Debate

Hi All,

I found the Flight Sample Description at http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms160946(d=ide).aspx .

I installed the file SQLServerSamples.msi which is in C:\Program

Files\Microsoft SQL Server\90\Tools\Samples by default.

I followed the steps strictly.

Every thing was OK except:

- I didn't have any response in the Notifications folder which by

default resides in C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\90\Samples\Notification

Services\Flight

- I didn't understand what happened exactly

So:

- What are the probable causes of not getting a result?

- I want some documentation about what happens in the example.

Thanks in advance,

Bishoy

Anything in the Event Viewer?

Try turning on Verbose logging to see if that helps point you in the right direction.

|||

1- That all what is found in Event Viewer:

Event Type: Information
Event Source: Service Control Manager
Event

Category: None
Event ID: 7035
Date: 8/11/2006
Time: 6:13:43

PM
User: BISHOYLAPTOP\Bishoy
Computer: BISHOYLAPTOP
Description:
The

NS$FlightInstance service was successfully sent a start control.

For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp.

> but still there is nothing appeared in the Notifications Folder

2- What is Verbose login

3- I want documentation source about that Flight Sample.

Thank you.

Bishoy

|||

I found where the error was:

There should be one strong name key for both the

AddSubscribers and AddSubscription projects.

The signing for both projects is ..\..\..\SampleKey.snk which I could never

make myself.

Now I have the following questions or inquires:

1- I want some documentations about what happened in that example.

2- How to sign a project to present key in above folder like

..\..\..\SampleKey.snk (because browse button copy the key to the project

folder)?

3- What is the output meaning in the Notifications folder which is

FileNotifications.txt file?

Many Thanks and Best Regards.

Bishoy

|||

Hi Bishoy -

Rather than continuing with two parallel conversations, I've posted replies to the NewsGroup.

http://groups.google.com/group/microsoft.public.sqlserver.notificationsvcs/browse_frm/thread/24e8f2b998118394/013718ab4d063ff3?hl=en#013718ab4d063ff3

HTH...

Joe

没有评论:

发表评论