2012年2月24日星期五

Firing subscriptions from rss scripts

I have set up a report with a standard email subscription. The report is set
up as "renderfrom snapshot", the subscription is set up with a
snapshotUpdated trigger.
When I create a snapshot by checking the "create snapshot when apply is
pressed", then the emails are generated just fine. I have other subscriptions
that run a similar basis that send emails OK.
If I create a report snapshot using a scripting file the snapshot is created
but the emails are not sent. There is nothing unusual in the trace files.
I've tried using existing subscriptions, new ones created manually or by
script, and back-dated shared schedules but still I get no emails
Has anyone else managed to do this ? And if so then how ?
I'm running W2K3, SQL 2000 SP3a, all bog standard out of the boxThere should be no difference in calling the UpdateReportExecutionSnapshot
from script or by doing it from the ReportManager. Is it possible you are
going against another server (a test server perhaps?)
You could try this. Turn off the report server service. Run your script.
See if there is a row in the event table with event type "snapshotUpdated".
Try it then from ReportManager. If they are both generating the event then
you will need to look in the log file to try and determine what is happening
to the event.
--
-Daniel
This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
"Oliver C" <Oliver C@.discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:240316BD-D0C7-434C-B35B-0B877F01B731@.microsoft.com...
>I have set up a report with a standard email subscription. The report is
>set
> up as "renderfrom snapshot", the subscription is set up with a
> snapshotUpdated trigger.
> When I create a snapshot by checking the "create snapshot when apply is
> pressed", then the emails are generated just fine. I have other
> subscriptions
> that run a similar basis that send emails OK.
> If I create a report snapshot using a scripting file the snapshot is
> created
> but the emails are not sent. There is nothing unusual in the trace files.
> I've tried using existing subscriptions, new ones created manually or by
> script, and back-dated shared schedules but still I get no emails
> Has anyone else managed to do this ? And if so then how ?
> I'm running W2K3, SQL 2000 SP3a, all bog standard out of the box|||In fact I was connected to the wrong server!. I have reporting services
running against an sql instance on my desktop, and a separate reporting
services on the server running against sql instance on the server. I was
expecting the -s parameter on the rs.exe command to point me at the server,
but in fact the script runs against the local instance. Is this a bug ?
If I run the scripts on the server itself (which is where they will run in
production) then they hit the correct instance
"Daniel Reib [MSFT]" wrote:
> There should be no difference in calling the UpdateReportExecutionSnapshot
> from script or by doing it from the ReportManager. Is it possible you are
> going against another server (a test server perhaps?)
> You could try this. Turn off the report server service. Run your script.
> See if there is a row in the event table with event type "snapshotUpdated".
> Try it then from ReportManager. If they are both generating the event then
> you will need to look in the log file to try and determine what is happening
> to the event.
> --
> -Daniel
> This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
>
> "Oliver C" <Oliver C@.discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> news:240316BD-D0C7-434C-B35B-0B877F01B731@.microsoft.com...
> >I have set up a report with a standard email subscription. The report is
> >set
> > up as "renderfrom snapshot", the subscription is set up with a
> > snapshotUpdated trigger.
> >
> > When I create a snapshot by checking the "create snapshot when apply is
> > pressed", then the emails are generated just fine. I have other
> > subscriptions
> > that run a similar basis that send emails OK.
> >
> > If I create a report snapshot using a scripting file the snapshot is
> > created
> > but the emails are not sent. There is nothing unusual in the trace files.
> > I've tried using existing subscriptions, new ones created manually or by
> > script, and back-dated shared schedules but still I get no emails
> >
> > Has anyone else managed to do this ? And if so then how ?
> >
> > I'm running W2K3, SQL 2000 SP3a, all bog standard out of the box
>
>

没有评论:

发表评论