2012年2月26日星期日

First Connection to SQL Server 2000 is slow (takes 15 seconds)

I have a client machine running VS.Net 2003, using TCP/IP to connect to a
server running SQL Server 2000 Developer. The first time I connect to the
server it always takes 15 seconds. Subsequent work on the server is very
quick but that first 15 seconds is extremely painful. It doesn’t mater if I
perform a DA.Fill(DS) or a cmd.open(), it still takes 15 seconds. The delay
is the same if I run an application from within the IDE or from a build. I
read about similar problems being solved with upgrades to MDAC 2.6. However
the Client runs 2.8 and the server runs 2.7 so that resolution does not
appear to apply. My Client is the only machine that connects with SQL Server.
I have not always had this problem. Unfortunately, I can’t say what I did
that caused it, but the problem did not exist when I was running VS.Net 2003
and the Server was running MSDE 2000.
Jim
PLease Refer to my original. Sent Duplicate in error. Sorry.
"AdvanTouch" wrote:

> I have a client machine running VS.Net 2003, using TCP/IP to connect to a
> server running SQL Server 2000 Developer. The first time I connect to the
> server it always takes 15 seconds. Subsequent work on the server is very
> quick but that first 15 seconds is extremely painful. It doesn’t mater if I
> perform a DA.Fill(DS) or a cmd.open(), it still takes 15 seconds. The delay
> is the same if I run an application from within the IDE or from a build. I
> read about similar problems being solved with upgrades to MDAC 2.6. However
> the Client runs 2.8 and the server runs 2.7 so that resolution does not
> appear to apply. My Client is the only machine that connects with SQL Server.
> I have not always had this problem. Unfortunately, I can’t say what I did
> that caused it, but the problem did not exist when I was running VS.Net 2003
> and the Server was running MSDE 2000.
> --
> Jim

没有评论:

发表评论