2012年2月26日星期日

first setup

I setup yesterday sql server 2008 on VPC for studio Orcas. Everything was smooth, however when I finished setup I did not see familiar enterprise management studio which allows to manage database files. what I can do?

Did you install management studio? During install there's a question about components you wish to install, you have to mark "Workstation components, Books Online and development tools". If you click the "Advanced" button you'll see that Management Studio is located in Client Components -> Management Tools branch.

Actually, I had a similar problem. After full install (including workstation components) Management Studio wasn't in my program list, no idea why. I started the setup program again, chose to install workstation components again and now it works perfectly.

|||i did exactly as you wrote. I nade setup twice. And third time it did not allow me to pass by because everything is installed. However the only thing that I have installed is configuration tools.|||

I'm running into a similar problem. I had SQL Server 2005 w/ SQL Server Manager loaded on XP SP2. I uninstalled SQL Server 2005, and loaded SQL Server 2008. However the SQL Server Mgr application didn't load. I attempted to reinstall SQL Server 2008, but it says they're no components that have changed...which indicates that the SQL Server 2008 Manager must be loaded already (but I don't see it)?

没有评论:

发表评论