2012年2月24日星期五

First connection fails through Access

I am accessing a linked server through a VPN connection. I am updating
through an Access interface. The first time that I perform an update
on the linked server table, I get an update on linked table error. The
new transaction could not enlist in the specified transaction...
After I click OK, I have update and add records with no errors. Is
there a way that I can trap for this error or avoid it all together?Hi
This sounds like a delay introduced by the VPN means it takes longer to
connect first time through. You may want to try forcing a connection earlier
before you try to update. Also check any VPN settings such as timeouts or
keep alive to see if changing them helps.
John
"dgall" wrote:
> I am accessing a linked server through a VPN connection. I am updating
> through an Access interface. The first time that I perform an update
> on the linked server table, I get an update on linked table error. The
> new transaction could not enlist in the specified transaction...
> After I click OK, I have update and add records with no errors. Is
> there a way that I can trap for this error or avoid it all together?
>

没有评论:

发表评论